Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: All is personal preference. You'll have no issue selling the A08-S.

Thank you for your comments, chopper87 - I read your review on the Yamamoto A-08S amplifier, when you compared it to the F3 amp and the gain clone - when you published it, and even before when you asked people on this board if they were interested in your review of the Yamoto...
Well, in my system the bass and coherence which you describe there for the Yamamoto is not what I get with it in my system and the one which my F3 is capable of...
The Yamamoto has a more diffuse sound in my system, generally speaking, and especially in the bass region (and I don't consider myself particularly a bass freak). And I don't want sound like the Yamamoto is not a good amplifier, but if it does not perform to me as well as the F3, which I owned before the Yamamoto, there is not point in me keeping it.
By F3 serving me better, I don't mean I am completely happy with my system as it is and I belive, I could get even a better amp for my system, be it tube or solid state. I don't think I could built a better solid state amp than the F3, but I have a feeling I can make a better SET amplifier than the Yamamoto, even though the components alone will cost me more than the Yamamoto.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: All is personal preference. You'll have no issue selling the A08-S. - AD 09:31:17 01/26/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.