Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Yamamoto A-08S versus Pass First Watt F3

Maybe the Yamomoto is just not good enough - try a different SET amp. The ones I have heard do not posess problems in the bass with properly matched speakers. SS has provided a leaner presentation which on short sessions can seem tighter.

A lack of dimensionality and full bass can sound faster and tighter until the veil drops and you realize it was a trick of the ear for a moment.

Being high sensitive also does not mean high efficient - I know nothing of your speakers but many higher efficient speakers (including horns) than my 93db non horn standmounts actually sound harder to drive - especially when the speaker adds more crossovers and start getting into 3+ way designs with separate amps driving one thing and another amp driving something else -- to me it creates more problems and more clutter is getting in the path.

Maybe that is why something like the Audio Note Ongaku integrated is in existance because an integrated if you do it right has a whole pile of advantages over separates. 25+ watts of SE also helps rather than 2.5watts.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.