Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Reply to Astrostar59 AN set/AN speakers

Hello Flickkit

Many thanks for the response on my Zingali and Audio Note system. I do know of the OTO. A friend of mine in the UK still has one and love's it to bits! It is a remarkable little amp for very little money, making more music than the price tag definately.
Congrats on the Quest Silvers upgrade. The Quest will be a quality jump, but I wonder when paired with the reasonably efficient but multi unit Zingali 112 monitor, whether it would have enough drive? The 112 are pretty expensive, and a very analytical speaker, requiring superb front end gear of similar price point I would say. I wonder how you came to buy such an expensive speaker with the OTO? I did a similar thing a few years back, and it took a while for the rest of the gear to catch up.

I think the AN speakers, with 2 way design are a better match. They were designed for the SET amps you are using after all. AN amps are superb. I am well happy with mine.

I have heard the 112's driven by some Kegons, and it was brilliant. It would be very interesting to compare the two set-ups. The 112's also require a big room to sound correct. I found a similar thing happened with the B&W 801 back in the 90's, driven by SS amps.

Many thanks again, and I will try and hear the AN speakers when I am in the UK.

Kind regards Astrostar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.