Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I think I understand what you'te saying. (Some regulator musings too.)

There is a simplicity and rightness to the sound of the AN speakers that just isn't there with many other speakers. It's not that other speakers can't or don't sound good. It's just that they are not the same.

For example, I know how I feel when I listen to single driver speakers such as the Omega Super 3s. It's the very essence of what those little speakers can communicate that I wish my Zingalis could do a little bit better. But could they do all that and still do everything else that they do so very well too? I doubt it. I guess that's where we have to stop and make a choice. Even though the Super 3s are limited with respect to volume and any real bass performance, I think the single driver road is the road that I am inclined to travel in the near future. We'll see . . . .

By the way, I did not know that a GZ37 is a direct replacement for the 5U4G. Thanks for that information. I would of course check with the manufacturer before I made the swap just to be sure the design is simpatico with it.

I also want to mention that I got a more obvious improvement on my Quest Silver Sig. by upgrading the rectifier (NOS National Union 5U4g) than I did by trying to upgrade the 6SN7 (NOS Sylvania I think). In other words, I think the rectifier matters a lot. We are, after all, modulating a power supply.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I think I understand what you'te saying. (Some regulator musings too.) - Quiet Earth 19:35:57 12/30/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.