Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Don't like those Zingalis eh? That's OK.

Hi,

It is not about what I don't like about the Zingalis, it is about what I do like about the AN speakers. Really, if you get a chance to listen to the AN-J or E speakers try them. It will IMHO immediatly be clear what I mean.

De differences between the different 'types' AN speakers are also quite considerable. I've owned the AN-E SEC silver signature made in 1997 or so, but most of the current range of lower priced speakers from AN outperformes the old versions (there where many improvements made the last years). I currently use the AN-E LX Signature, but with hemp drivers and AN-Vx wiring.

Further, like other posters said, replacement of the standard 6SN7's is very wortwhile. I like the Kenrad's the best, but they are hard to find. Also IMHO nothing beats a WE300B (Alabama plant new production) whatever people are trying to tell you. For rectifier, do please try a GZ37.

Lastly, if you are 'up to it', leave the amp on always. See other posts from me about this in DIY. The amp will sound better and I think the tubes will last longer.

Regards,
NC

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.