Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Don't like those Zingalis eh? That's OK.

I'm getting good results over here with mine. Of course there's always room for improvement. Just out of curiosity, which Zingalis left you so disappointed, and why?

You know, I thought that there were bigger differences between the 3 levels of the AN Quest amplifier than the entire "Overture" range of Zingali speakers. This is just a basic generalization and not intended to stir anything up. Remember, I like Audio Note products too.

Specifically, I thought that the entire character of the Quest amplifier changed as you go from basic, to silver, to silver signature. This would be like going from decent, to very nice, to "That's it! That's what I want! Can I write you a check?". On the other hand, the entire range of the Overture series just gives you a little more (or less) of the same character as you move through it's line. This would be more like, "Wow, these are all very nice. I'll get the biggest ones that I can afford". Again, it's just my opinion, and your mileage does vary.

I think the Zingalis sound very good with Audio Note amplifiers. What's not to like?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.