Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I posted earlier--above--more info on my 805 experience, but one thing I LOVED....

...about the 805s and Quads was the quality and quantity of bottom-octave bass they would produce. Also, and I think contributed mostly by the speakers, ALL the bass info was of the same cloth, had the same sound, as all the rest of the frequency spectrum, and that was very high quality indeed.

The ET8s are 3-way speakers with mag.-planar MR and tweeter and a normal, closed-box bass system with an 8" driver. I drive them initially with the 805s, full range. At low to medium listening levels, they sounded great--lack of bass was NOT a problem--but lack of overall power was; the amps simply clipped too much. Even driving only the MR and treble (the 8s are biwireable), the amps simply ran out of power too often.

Those amps are now driving, very succesfully, the MR and tweeters of a pair of Genesis 350s.

I can't even speculate on your experience with the integrated amp.

-------------------------------------------------------
Tin-eared audiofool and obsessed landscape fotografer.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jeffreybehr

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I posted earlier--above--more info on my 805 experience, but one thing I LOVED.... - jeffreybehr 11:20:15 12/24/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.