Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Audio Note P4 or P4SE?

Hi,

you were right, it is very risky. The P2SE was a scam (at AudioWeb). But I have detected it early enough.
It's not so easy to buy something via internet overseas (from Asia). In Germany it is not so bad yet.

I'm going to start with a 2 level amp, and later eventually buy a 3 level amp. The P2SE should be a transient solution, therefore I would better buy a second hand P2SE. After the P2SE, I want to by a suitable speakers to SET. I will build the definitive system after I'll have the new speaker (The new speaker should be the first chain link of the new definitive system).

There was a M2/P2SE combination in Germany near to my place. I was too late, the amps were already solved.
The dimensions of the M2 & P2SE (30x14x40cm) fit very well in my TV console (cupboard). The P4 is definitely too big and I'd need 2x3m interconnect cable. I have rued thousand times my TV cupboard :-(.

A question to Zingali. There are two interesting series - Prelude and Overture. The Prelude 4 has "only" 92 dB, nevertheles 10 W amp should be enough. The Overture 3 & 4 has 94dB, but need a 20 W amp. Can you explain me this? What model do you have?

A Monitor 4 is just for sale in Germany... But no possibility to listen another models of zingali. Everything is farther then 200 km.

best regards
Tibor

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Audio Note P4 or P4SE? - tibor@sramko.de 17:49:46 12/23/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.