Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Audio Note P4 or P4SE?

Hello,

I am a new member at the audioasylum and a totally newcomer by tubes. A week ago I have heard the integrated amp OTO SE from Audio Note with Cabasse Bahia and AN-E HE speakers. It was a directly comparison with my integrated amp Advantage S100 (Bladelius group). It was my first contact with a tube amp at all. I was totally hooked!
Now I am searching for an used amp from Audio Note. Im internet, I have found a two pairs of monoblocks - P4 and P4SE. Does anybody know the defference between the two models? Both are placed in Europe (I am from Germany), the P4 is about 6 years old, with all upgrades: blackgate, silver cables etc for 3500 Euro. The P4SE is about 9-10 years old for 2700 EUR with 4 spare 300B tubes. Does it make sense by tube amps to buy such an old equipment?

My equipment:
CD Player: Arcam CD23
Speaker: Dynaudio Contour 3.3
NF Cables: Millennium audio 4.1S
Speaker Cables: Millennium audio 4.1S
AC CAbles: Millennium audio 4.1S

I hope, the P4/P4SE could drive my dynaudios (89 dB), at least for a while. If not, I'll exchange them for another speaker like AN-E...
The Conquest has a very "wife friendly" design, but is to expensive and nobody sells it at the Moment.
What about a suitable preamp? How great is the sound difference between the M2 and M3 (line version)?
What combination would make more sense - M2 with P4 or M3 with P2SE?

Thanks a lot for an answer.

kind regards
Tibor

PS: sorry for my german english :-)
PS2: first I have placed this message in the tubes asylum, but SET seems to be the right one...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Audio Note P4 or P4SE? - tibor@sramko.de 09:57:42 12/10/06 (14)

You can not post to an archived thread.