Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Cary 805AE feedback dial

Gerado, from my experience, Cary amps, as a whole for their whole line up, take a good deal of time to break in. If I hadn't bought several of there amps new, including a pair of 805c's, I would not have believed it. If you bought used I wouldn't think the break in period would take as long to achieve. I am not familiar with the speakers that you are using but looking up their web site, it says that the minimum watts for your speakers is a 50 watt amplifier. I know Cary stats that the 805 amps put out 50 watts, but I know no other 845 tube amplifier company that claims wattage over 26-28 watts. I am using an Art Audio Carissa that only puts out 16 watts from that same tube, now Art Audio claims they are using a lesser B+ (about 750 volts) so that does explain why the lower watt output, my point is, my guess is Cary is not putting out a claimed 50 watts hence your disappointment with the amp/speaker combination. Just my thoughts, good luck with what ever direction you end up going.........Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.