Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I have enjoyed reading this discussion.

And in many ways you guys are saying the same thing. I think that most people who enjoy SET don't agonize too much over the test and measurement. There are good things about testing and measuring, and there are also measurements that don't really tell us much about why something sounds good (or bad). But you have already pointed this out.

I wanted to comment on your statement of "Music making the painting, recording it the photograph". I believe wholeheartedly that the recording process has more in common with painting than it does with photography. "Recording" is really an extension of the musical event that is being painted unto it. It is not a snapshot of an event. Artists use the recording medium as a canvas to paint their musical expression. This is true whether its in real time and space, or in a multitrack studio.

I think that this is relavent to the whole test and measurement discussion. How do you measure art?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have enjoyed reading this discussion. - Quiet Earth 10:20:59 11/30/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.