Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: What are the " typical lush/liquid/sweet 300b amps"?

Well the Cary would probably not suffice. I have looked into the Sun and it seems it is run so low that there is so little drive to it. Then again I don't need woofer duty but it still may be evident driving the full ranger considering I like my moments of loud listening levels. You'd think these kind of amps would be a dime a dozen but maybe there is a shift to more "hi-fi sound" design today.

I just may very well just go kit or diy if I don't find a commercial amp.

It would hopefully just be a matter of finding out the make up of what components/design might be needed to create an amp with this design goal. As far as the suggestions so far, Diyhifisupply does not use any of the transformers that are considered great. Otherwise I would not hesitate to buy any of their products. The mention of the S6N7 driver for the 300b seems to get a bad response from many here so I am not sure if I want to take the chance with using that one. The coupling is something I'll have to look into more. The loading of the output tube is interesting but I suppose if too overdone, or should I say underdone, then I wonder if it would take on the Sun Audio lack of drive problems.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.