Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Language is a virus from outer space (long)

The whole thing is BS. It gives them something to talk about. Most of the best sounding amplifiers in the world measure badly - and they don't know why - so it's meaningless.

Also, such comments as 'Its flavor is one of velocity, rhythmic elan and pungency.' - again, totally meaningless - he could have lifted the comment from a wine magazine where it would make just as much 'sense'.

I stopped reading magazines years ago when I figured out that these reviewers have to find something to say - they will balance the good with the bad - often when it is not balanced, simply because they become self-conditioned into doing so as a consequence of having to produce 'interesting' results that won't upset a potential advertiser etc. Measurements allow them to waffle even further.

I have made the mistake of buying products based solely upon magazine reviews many times in my life and have never been really satisfied in the long term. The only way you can be sure of anything is to listen to something in your own, or at least an equivalent, system or listen to people you feel you can trust.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.