Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Almarro A318B integrated (18wpc) works beautifully w/ 90dB speakers....

I used the A318B with Jean Marie Reynaud Twins mkII monitors that are 90dB/4 0hm and the results we simply fantastic. The A318B had plenty of power to drive them without the slightest problem in a 5m x 7m room.

In fact, it sounded far better with my 90dB monitors than with my 97dB horns. The horns were too efficient to allow the amp to get into it's working range since I could only turn up the volume 5-10%. With the 90dB monitors, I could turn it up 50-75% and the sound really got much more rich and weighted, with lots of power and impact. It seemed to me that the Almarro needed to push some current to sound it best and speakers in the 90dB range allow it to do so.

The Almarro uses the Russian 6C33C-B tube. It is beautifully made to extremely high standards both inside and outside. Here's a great review from Positive Feedback magazine that perfectly sums up it's sound and performance. Another from Enjoy The Music.com

Looks like they have a a dealer in Sweden.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Almarro A318B integrated (18wpc) works beautifully w/ 90dB speakers.... - darkmoebius 14:31:07 11/20/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.