Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Jensens versus Audionote PIO caps

Donald
I use vit Q and k40s in every amp I own from mac mc60s to my HK citation 2 to heah w5s to eico hf50s and my AES/811 which have the only coupling cap as standard equipment is the vit Q.You have to understand that when they test caps,they dont give sufficient break in time and both paper in oil and teflon caps need massive amounts of break in time to perform their best.All of original caps that went 95% of the early amps were paper in oil black beauties and the bumble bees..THey sounded fantastic for many years but now they have better.I learned not to take advice from a magazine because all they are is people like you and myself with an opinion and I have all the test gear such as a tektronix dist analyzer and a sound technologies master freq oscillator and of course my 100mhz dual trace HP scope not to mention my real time analyzer on a pc with a nice sound card for testing the parameters of the whole system..I use electrostatic speakers a la martin logan monoliths and I have an 811 altec horn system.
When I came to the conclusion about the military pio caps being so good it wasnt just a slam dunk although they did take me by storm.Take a look at article and it goes in more detail about why pios are so good for audio.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Jensens versus Audionote PIO caps - MIchael Samra 00:01:29 11/17/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.