Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Don does use AC on 45 based amps

It was the same unit he was using for a while- A Sansui TA-300. He got another unit and sold his to me. I spent about six months waiting for one to show up on eBay, and the one time it came up, I got "out-sniped". (I was one of two people who "snipe bid" on the unit, right at the end of the auction, but the other guy bid higher than I did.) Then Don offered me his unit when he got another TA-300 to work on. He told me he could do other models, and maybe Harman/Kardon units as well. I think the TA-300 has the same tuner as the TU-717.

Don disabled the stock line stage and power amp sections of the unit, and put in the same line stage he uses in his dedicated line stage, transforming the solid-state receiver to a tube (actully hybrid) tuner-preamp. So all it would need is a power amp, and it's good to go. I got the unit because it's nice to have a good tuner and great line stage in one convenient package.
Affordable Health Care

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.