Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Upgrade to Audio Note System

I understand your experience. It's not that the OTO is better than an M3/Quest Silver Sigs, which it's not. The M3/QSS combo has it all over the OTO in refinement, suavity, detail, and many other things. It's just that you prefer EL84's to 300B's, which is no heresy. So do I. I went from an OTO to Neiros, with 2A3's, which is a huge jump, financially.

I wish to hell Audio Note would come up with an integrated amp with 2A3's, but that requires an investment in parts that's beyond my ken and no guarantee that a lot of folks (besides you and me) would end up preferring the 2A3 tube. They do have a prototype of a stereo amp with one 2A3 per channel which will put out around 4 watts, but that won't answer for most folks with speakers with less than 98 db sensitivity.

Whether Utility man would prefer the Quest SS, with their extraordinary transformers, to the OTO is an unknown. I suspect, like most people, he would. I mean it does what it does extremely well.
But if he's like us, he'll have to play with his OTO or sell off something large and go for the Neiros.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Upgrade to Audio Note System - Bob Neill 16:51:11 10/29/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.