Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: some extra info.....

Hi Janos,

I know your observations are well perceived, and I can understand where you're coming from. Although I have a degree in electrical engineering and I have designed an AVC myself, I very easily forget a lot of the formulae, basic physics, etc. that's necessary to try to figure out what makes these things good or bad. Dave is into the ATV business himself and is more up to speed on these basics than I am because I am still just an experimenter (a real amateur to be exact) and it's been a long time since I designed my own AVC. He is modest with his questioning of my statements thankfully, and he could have chosen to rip me to shreds. But he is a gentleman.

I have to go back to my books all the time to see where my recall has failed me. But I do understand your thoughts and observations. Some day there will be a line stage preamp that has a gain stage followed by a TVC or AVC, I am sure of it. It's a good idea for the case where more than 0 dB gain is necessary in a line stage.

Kurt

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: some extra info..... - kurt s 18:55:41 10/27/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.