Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Hell, done't be concerned...

be excited!

My comments are not based on first-hand experience, but third-hand conjecture. I do not think any SETs in general "lack tonal density or soul"; not at all! I was more paraphrasing what some people who should have some idea have suggested about the DRD, versus some other SETs, understanding that those other SETs will be less adept at some things the DRDs excel at.

My comment regarding getting someone performance that is 80% of what is potentially possible was in comparison to some beast that is almost a practical impossibility! DRDs are not cheap, but I think you would have to pay a lot more to get significantly "better" all round performance.

In any case, it all comes down to your personal truth: does your system present music in a way that facilitates your experience as you want, and then do a little bit more... One man's dense and palpable is another's rose-tinted editorialism.

I think the DRDs would be an awesome match with a TVC and the Zus - from what I can gather; all are very well regarded and they should balance each other very nicely... I wish I could experience music presented as you are about to.

Kind regards
Raymond

Ultra-consumers: Spending money they do not have to buy things they do not need to impress people they do not like.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.