Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

paper in oil k40s

Are unquestionably the best the cap for smoothness and clarity and linenerty..I own many many tube amps but mostly vintage PP but I have the equipment to test these caps with a set up I made for testing caps with distortion analyzer and sweep gen..The biggest thing I find with polypro or any plastic is they lack body by comparison to a good paper in oil.Paper caps are always very linear and thats why many manufactures used them years ago.
THe k40 russian mil caps are in league by themselves..Just do a search on the asylum in comparison to any cap you want and it always comes out on top it seems.THe jupiters to are very good if they can with stand the heat..I use all vit Q and k40s in all my mac mc60s and my ciation 2s and the altec 1570s and all my heaths and dynacos have them to..I have not been able to go back to any plastic cap becuase I have been so spoiled and this includes hovlands and auricaps and even the russian teflons.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.