Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Question on line noise origins....

I have about 6 or 7 dedicated lines from a subpanel run directly into my dedicated listening room. The lines are about all less than 50 feet long, more like 20 to 30 feet. The subpanel supports all the lighting and outlets for the room, another bed room, and the hallway outside. All lines are inside separate metal conduits and terminated with PS Audio Powerport Premiers. Two outlets have the Soloists.

There's nothing plugged into most of the outlets. On the dedicated outlets, I have all the front end equipment plugged into a P300 then into one outlet. Power amp into another. When I plugged the Harvester into most of these outlets, they show that the lines are fairly quiet. But when I plugged one into the outlet that connects to the P300, it was very active. Also another one that was plugged into one of the Soloist premier was quite active even though nothing was plugged into it. Where is the noise coming from? Should I consider visiting the subpanel and have the electrician move a few of these around? Like getting them all on the same phase? Right now they are not all on the same phase? Or should I check the main panel and make sure the subpanel is not on the same phase as all other major appliances.

FrankC

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Question on line noise origins.... - FrankC 12:52:04 04/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.