Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: PS Audio Power Plant Premier should I drop the hammer and get one?

I have found that the PS Audio PPP works great on certain products but that a good filter works best on others. Thus my Ayre V5xe amplifier bworks best using an Ayre filter-much better' just as Ayre. On the other hand only with my PPP can I get my 35 year old Infinity FET preamps to sound as good as any solid state preamplifier made today at least at a cost of $10000. That is a fact. I am using Shunyata Python CX power cords plus one older Ananconda. And some products might perform best plugged directly to a wall socket. Just from my time using Ayre filters and a PS Audio PPP I can not help noticing the differences. They are not subtle. Now mixing and matching different audio products is so much more difficult to do. One extra item to work with-but do not lose hope-It just makes it so much more fun. Anyway as far as my case goes the results are well worth the effort. Just read prior comments by Roy Gregory on this subject. I would rather have the $4500 Audio Research tube integrated with my Ayre filter than their latest Refrence line without. Yes, just an $1500 filter will easily do the job.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PS Audio Power Plant Premier should I drop the hammer and get one? - aholvey@comcast.net 14:26:19 05/09/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.