Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Experience with PPP and music server?

Paul,
Got the PPP and have a couple questions
1) My output THD meter reads about .6-.7 and the inspection sheet that came with the unit also has 0.6 as the reading that was checked off. I keep seeing references to .3 and the manual talks about a factor of 10 improvement. I have abour 3.5% input and an indicated .6 output - is there something defective with this unit?

2) I read in the manual that using other conditioners ahead of the PP might negatively impact the sound. As I live in FL and lightning is huge problem, I have Brickwall series-mode surge arrestors on everything (and they have proven their worth a couple times). Unfortunately when I run the PPP from one of those as opposed to directly from the wall, the sound does take a hit (closed in sounding - less open). CUrious as to what is going on here and if replacing the line cord on the input side of the Brickwall would help or if there is some interaction in the PPP with the reactive load of the Brickwall?

BTW, I think I like the sound better with the Mac Mini powered from the PPP rather than the wall.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.