Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Power Amp on Quintet versus Brickwall/Zerosurge

I am trying to decide between the following two options:

1) Get a Quintet, to filter my whole system including my power amp; or
2) Get a P300 for my front end, but keep my power amp on my existing filter/surge suppressor, a 20A Zerosurge.

I understand that the P300 is superior to the Quintet for the front end. So, I think the remaining question is how much better, if at all, is the Quintet than the Zerosurge for my power amp? Do amps typically benefit much from the filtering on the Quintet? Enough so to outweigh the advantage of the P300 for the front end?

Other Factors:

Associated components are on my inmate system: *Preamp* (Custom version of the Superphon Revelation III (no gain active buffered). low voltage.); *CDP* (Stan Warren Modded Pioneer. Has a big capacitor on the power supply, but still very sensitive to filtering/power cords/etc.); *Amp* (Stan Warren modded Adcom, currently responds pretty well to the Zerosurge).

Power environment: I live in a house in the burbs, but my power fluctuates some, probably because of the ancient 100 amp main panel I need to replace. If it matters, for the time being, I definitely need to make sure that whatever I use offers surge protection, since I had a recent blackout/surge that blew out the power supplies in my preamp and amp, and totaled my 2kva isolation transformer. Not a ton of stuff on the same circuit as my audio system, but it's not on a dedicated line.

Thanks for the input!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Power Amp on Quintet versus Brickwall/Zerosurge - monsterbill 19:58:29 01/21/11 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.