Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Noise Harvester is a very quirky product says the "expert"

I recently asked a question using The Cable Company "Consult with an Expert" option on their website since that is where I purchased my PurePower 2000.

My question:
"I recently purchased a PurePower 2000 through you and with no equipment turned on but the unit running, I plugged in a few of my PS Audio Noise Harvesters into the receptacles of the unit and they blink rapidly indicating significant noise. Could you help me understand why this is happening? This would seem to indicate noise on the output being produced by the PP2000."

Their response:
"The Noise Harvester is a very quirky product. If you would like to test the unit for noise, I suggest using the Entech Noise Sniffer, which is a much more reliable way of gauging a PLC's noise reduction capability . . ."

This response seems less than technically helpful from "an expert." Since this is the PS Audio forum (home of the Noise Harvester) can someone give a more insightful answer to the above question or maybe address the "quirkiness" opinion of this "expert". . . ;-)

An excerpt from the PS Audio website: "[The Noise Harvester] works great as a measurement tool. . . Plug the Harvester in at various outlets in your home to discover which are noisier than others."

I'm not looking for a debate regarding the measurement accuracy of the Noise Sniffer vs the Harvester but information on why there is so much noise on the output of an AC regenerator as indicated by the Harvester.

Thanks for your assistance,
M-

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Noise Harvester is a very quirky product says the "expert" - Audionorth 17:49:19 10/01/10 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.