Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

delta 100 hum

i have two ps audio delta 100 amps. one of them has a hum problem when both inputs are connected. i found an old post on this forum that described the problem well posted by chris in oct. 2005. if anyone has had this problem and knows the fix please let me know.

thnx,

tim

from chris in 10/2005

"I posted this on the mail amp page but thought it may be better to put it here in the Ps Audio section... Please let me know if any of you have any ideas...

Ok, I am at wits end now and this is driving me up a wall! For the past few weeks I have noticed a very low volume hum coming out of my speakers. To notice it you have to have no music playing or have it at super low levels. It sounds like a grounding hum / loop to me but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Originally I had though it was the Preamp since once I disconnected the amp the noise went away. After further testing I have found that it will occur with any source so long as BOTH channels are plugged in. If I unhook one channel the hum disappears in both channels.

I have tried things such as floating the ground, plugging the amp power directly into the wall, unplugging other devices on the same power run (other than stereo sources, ie lamps, fan...) and even plugging the amp directly into my iPod through an 1/8 RCA adaptor... All still resulted in the hum... Even with the iPod, the amp was silent with the RCAs until the iPod itself was plugged in (there was still a hum when the iPod was plugged in but not powered up)

Sonically the sound is still good and clean so long as you can have the volume loud enough to block the hum.

Any suggestions would be great!"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - delta 100 hum - tdbr8de 15:19:11 06/14/10 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.