Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: PerfectWave I2S HDMI cable claims don't make sense to me

I have to agree. Digital is not variance in voltages which means, there are no variations of the original signal...there's just the 0's or 1's and there's only one way to interpret each as a 1 or a 0! If you're running HDCP, then you can guarantee that the reciever is getting 100% original signal, sort of like parity checking...That's how digital works. 16-24bits...of 0's or 1's not kinda a 0 or kinda 1. it's either or. NOW, if you happen to be missing a 0 or a 1, then yes, you have a corrupt signal, in the pc world, this becomes unusable data...or you hear a dramatic hiccup or pop, or digital noise. This isn't acceptable by any means, no one can convince me this is a common occurance, or no one would use digital. So once again, explain to me...HDMI is a a digital bus that carries a digi signal, you can't have loss or you don't have a signal...so forget that. but to have a bus that can manipulate the digi signal b4 it reaches the the other dsp isn't just a bus then. It's not just carrying the signal...on a pc mainboard...you have a northbridge that serves as a traffic cop between the ram, cpu, pci-e, and southbridge (before i7 it was also the mem controller as well) the fsb wasn't dictated by the wires between the nodes, it was dictated by the nodes. In this situation, the BD-player and the dsp in the TV.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.