Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Going full circle.

A couple of years ago, I was struggling with bad power and had tried myriad brands of power conditoners, and as a last resort got a Power Plant Premier. it helped a little but didn't work well enough for me in the evening hours when the best thd output reading I ever got was 2.3 or 2.4. In off peak hours it could get down to 1.6 or so. At any rate, I sold it and most all my other equipment and tried getting off the grid with a battery powered amp, passive pre, and by using an old Sony Discman powered by battery as my source. Sounded pretty good, but much to my astonishment, this system ALSO deteriorated in sound quality at the same times of day as my old equipment, although not to as great an extent. Lived with this system for about a year, but ultimately I got tired of the underpowered amp. which I occasionally drove into clipping. Well, my first move was to get a new CDP, the Sony 5400, which is now being modified by Vacuum State, and then a PS Audio Gcc - 100 integrated (control amp) modifed by Cullen. Just love it. Then last week I ordered another Power Plant Premier. (Hope springs eternal.) Well, this one apparently works better than my previous PPP and I get readings of .4 in the output and it sounds great at all hours of the day. (Have the PPPs been upgraded in someway recently?) I am thrilled. Maybe the PS Audio amp has some synergy with the PPP, since it seems to sound even better than it did without it, happy as I was overall with it even then. Now I can really appreciate the PPP, esp, in those early evening hours when my system often became almost unlistenable. Not any more.

Edits: 11/03/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Going full circle. - Mali 16:01:04 11/03/09 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.