Home Power Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Class D noise & budget mains noise removal

Thanks for the advice PaulMC.

I did a little bit of research on Class D amp noise and understand that it is RFI & EMI that they put out. Or am I wrong and its a lot other stuff as well? I have been able to borrow a Furutech e-TP609 (above my budget) from a friend which provides RFI/EMI absorbtion but no active power conditioning/filtration or surge protection, to see how it works. I believe that active power conditioning/filtration or surge protection always comes at a price, either by constricting dynamics or upsetting the tonal balance. So to finally get to my question, is there something you can recommend that will take care of all of the noise but without the power conditioning/filtration?

A question regarding the Duet; will the standard US version (120 VAC) work as is for 230VAC or does it need to be modified in any way? I ask this because I live in a 230VAC region but all my audio system power cables are terminated with USA (NEMA) plugs which I find better (and better value) than UK plugs which have a fuse built in (and are the standard in my region).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.