Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Control theory ?

I just have to make a small comment about this when you are comparing control theory with audio amplifiers.

“Negative feedback between a set point and a sensor output difference is invariably the driving force in every system I've seen.”

Yes this is true when you are dealing with position servos (or what ever you are controlling but lets take them as an example). The servos just have to be in a certain position within the error margin and get there in a specified time.

BUT position servos don’t have ears and a brain that is constantly processing what the ears hear. I’ve studied control theory and power electronics at the university to widen knowledge in electrical engineering. And in my opinion control theory is closely related to basic signal theory. (And obviously my university share this opinion because they have joined these two separate 5 credit courses to one 10 credit now)

Don’t be angry but you just can’t compare control theory with audio amplifier design.

Enjoy Creating / Mad Man Harju

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.