In Reply to: RE: Gosh, that's inspiring. posted by rick_m on April 13, 2015 at 21:51:10:
I have no direct experience but I've read reviews of Rigol gear including that Spectrum Analyzer in QST Magazine, as well as on YouTube.
I was a Tek fan for a long time too but it seems that in recent years a lot Tek instruments are just Tek spec'd but manufactured offshore. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but if you dig into the specs, like screen size and resolution, standard features, etc., other brands seem to offer more.
Agilent for example, or should I say Keysight Technologies since they changed their name last year. This used to be the old HP. Their scopes seem to offer more for less vs Tek.
With Rigol even though they're made offshore, they have good representation in the US for sales, service, and support. You might get even more for your money from brands like Owon but I wonder about US based service and support.
If you visit YouTube and search on EEVBlog you will find a long series of videos done by Engineer Dave Jones, many of them video reviews of test equipment and power supplies. If you search for EEVBlog Rigol, you'll find a bunch of Rigol gear that he's reviewed including Rigol spectrum analyzers, power supplies, and scopes.
Fun stuff, much of it I can't afford or justify as a hobbyist.
BTW, I find it interesting that Rigol's US Sales headquarters is located in Beaverton, OR. Tek used to be headquartered there, maybe they still are. I'm not sure.
Edits: 04/14/15This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - What to do with an Oscilloscope - jedrider 10:35:18 03/30/15 (15)
- I bought this one - jedrider 14:24:20 01/25/17 (0)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - email@example.com 09:06:05 09/13/15 (0)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - pictureguy 00:27:36 06/15/15 (0)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - AbeCollins 20:24:45 04/13/15 (0)
- Make a modern version of the Outer Limits? - Awe-d-o-file 13:15:10 04/01/15 (0)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - tomservo 07:49:35 04/01/15 (0)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - rick_m 12:46:50 03/30/15 (8)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - Crazy Dave 11:50:01 06/10/15 (1)
- RE: What to do with an Oscilloscope - Old nuff 2 no better 05:17:01 08/03/15 (0)
- Gosh, that's inspiring. - geoffkait 14:12:09 03/30/15 (5)
- RE: Gosh, that's inspiring. - rick_m 15:53:40 03/30/15 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: Gosh, that's inspiring. - AbeCollins 06:57:49 04/14/15 (0)