In Reply to: RE: Room rebuild posted by geoffkait on March 21, 2015 at 03:44:54:
Mapleshade. All the way.
For me, room color is more about the mood it puts me in because mood alters perception.
I like colors with red, brown, orange and yellow hues. Earth tones of an autumn variation. With soft light, not this in your face LED crap.
The worst rooms for me are the "modern" monochromatic rooms with high-color-temperature lighting. Makes me feel like I am in a nicely outfitted classroom.
If I am not in, or can't GET in, a relaxed state of mind in which I can connect with the music, I may as well be lifting weights and cranking Rammstein. Not to say that's not a valid use of my time, it's just not my definition of "audiophile listening".
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Room rebuild - Cameraman 20:57:56 03/20/15 (13)
- You need frequency sensitive paint - jedrider 10:36:30 03/30/15 (4)
- RE: You need frequency sensitive paint - AbeCollins 07:14:16 04/14/15 (1)
- RE: You need frequency sensitive paint - pictureguy 20:45:44 04/26/15 (0)
- RE: You need frequency sensitive paint - Cameraman 10:41:55 03/30/15 (1)
- RE: You need frequency sensitive paint - Presto 11:42:42 04/05/15 (0)
- RE: Room rebuild - geoffkait 03:44:54 03/21/15 (7)
- Bullocks - Presto 11:46:44 04/05/15 (2)
- RE: Room rebuild - Cameraman 19:12:47 03/21/15 (0)
- Really, Geoff? - Winston Smith 15:00:55 03/21/15 (2)