In Reply to: LOL !!!! posted by unclestu on October 18, 2014 at 16:18:39:
Your response to Winston's review of yet another MSA product. This was before you decided to disclose or were prompted to disclose you were a dealer for MSA. You offered this information as if you were simply an objective observer, which you obviously weren't. I comprehend just fine.
"The PP add what Bob of MSA calls Kegs ( they look like mini kegs). The single + adds one keg per line (three total), and the double adds two per line (6 total).
The kegs, in and of themselves, are phenomenal performers. I add them after the filtering modules on my PLCs and they add a new degree of quieting. The quieting gives greater dynamics and enables you to hear deeper into the soundstage, uncovering details not easily heard before. The amazing thing is that this is not done by jacking up the treble as many other components will, but by simply lowering the threshold of noise.
In this manner, not only is finer detail revealed, but the soundstage width is increased significantly and the focus in the middle is also much tighter and more defined. The caveat is that you need a phase and time aligned transducer to really hear the finer details that the BD reveals, and far too few speaker systems offer a phase aligned system ( just look at Stereophile's impulse test measurements: even the expensive Wilson's fail there).
I find the Kegs also work phenomenally well when installed on the B+ leads of the power transformers. The same benefits are gained as when placement on the incoming AC is done. The effects, though, do not reach a plateau, but seem to be additive (I tried this after installing the Kegs on my PLC). This, of course, is great, but then one starts wondering "how much more can I lower the noise floor?".
In my system, only the Shunyata Hydra proved to have current unlimiting ability to keep amplifier dynamics at their peak. A set of double kegs on a junction box feeding a Leviton 5362 duplex yielded as much of not more performance gains than a Hydra, and it was a hell of lot cheaper.
The kegs do take time to break in: a minimum of several hours in my system. You hear some improvements immediately (bass response) but the fine detail keeps increasing over time. Most of the change ( I have no idea what is changing) occurs within two hours but there is still continuous change over at least four hours, so be aware if you try this mod. I place a CD on repeat and simply walk away for a few hours..."
The PP execution, of course, simply splices in the MSA device in series with your IEC power cord, making comparisons before and after very easy.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Question regarding the battery tweak - geoffkait 17:33:08 10/12/14 (33)
- RE: Question regarding the battery tweak - Awe-d-o-file 07:59:55 10/17/14 (7)
- At last, the answer. Halleluja! Nt - geoffkait 08:20:11 10/17/14 (6)
- RE: At last, the answer. Halleluja! Nt - Tony Lauck 19:19:09 10/17/14 (5)
- Again you guys! - Awe-d-o-file 07:56:44 10/17/14 (14)
- RE: Again - unclestu 22:59:26 10/17/14 (10)
- What? - Awe-d-o-file 14:03:16 10/19/14 (0)
- Hypocrite and unethical to boot - geoffkait 14:35:23 10/18/14 (5)
- LOL !!!! - unclestu 16:18:39 10/18/14 (4)
- RE: Again - Awe-d-o-file 05:21:36 10/18/14 (2)
- Google - unclestu 13:07:37 10/17/14 (2)
- RE: Question regarding the battery tweak - Tony Lauck 17:20:41 10/13/14 (9)
- It's audio. - geoffkait 06:46:00 10/14/14 (8)
- LOL !!!!!(NT) - unclestu 07:06:55 10/14/14 (7)
- RE: LOL !!!!!(NT) - Awe-d-o-file 08:00:57 10/17/14 (0)
- RE: LOL !!!!!(NT) - ahendler 19:04:35 10/14/14 (4)
- this is ludicrous - unclestu 20:44:30 10/14/14 (3)
- Way not to answer the question. - geoffkait 05:01:17 10/15/14 (2)
- Thanks for a link to your toxic marketing dribble nt - Tony Lauck 14:21:25 10/16/14 (1)
- RE: Thanks for a link to your toxic marketing dribble nt - geoffkait 15:00:37 10/16/14 (0)
- Huh? - geoffkait 08:38:26 10/14/14 (0)