Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Music library backup transfer rate question

Yes these are complete copies to backup. I keep my library in alac and flac on internal drives and every now and then I delete backups and do clean copies to the external drives. Takes about 30 hours to copy both libraries to a single external drive and I've got two external drives. Just BTW - it takes about as long (15 hours) for DBPowerAmp to create an alac library from the flac library on the local drives, and thanks to "the" and "unknown" I explicity define an identical tree structure and file placement for both libraries relying on DbPowerAmp for conversion and file naming only. Kind of important, not so much when using WinAmp (flac) and iTunes (alac), but things like my OPPO actually rely on directory structure to provide a user interface. It was a real pisser seeing the Beatles alphabetized in "T" and how often meta-data led to the generation of unknown artist or unknown album directories.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Music library backup transfer rate question - Goober58 12:53:24 05/07/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.