Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: But..........

Awe-d-o-file, you commented :-

>>> "I use the LP filter (Detail Magnifier) at my speaker terminals and also have no radio station near me (about 20 miles and low power, over 70 miles to a 50KW station or TV station) and adding the ground loops a few weeks ago made improvement." <<<

To which unclestu replied :-
>>> "RFI can also come from cell phones and wi fi devices, too, you know....." <<<

One has to ask the questions :-

HOW did applying the ground loops give an improvement to the sound - i.e to the musical orchestral score of (say) Dvorak's New World, radio station nearby or not nearby ?

If not RFI from a radio station, HOW did the ground loops 'deal with' such as the (suggested by unclestu) RFI from cell phones and wi fi devices to give an improvement to the sound i.e to the musical orchestral score of (say) Dvorak's New World ?

Before the ground loops were fitted WHY were those improvements to the sound i.e to the musical orchestral score of (say) Dvorak's New World not experienced ?

WHAT is the supposed RFI from cell phones and wi fi devices doing to the musical orchestral score of (say) Dvorak's New World, prior to fitting the ground loops, for the improvements in the sound not to have been heard before ?

I do not dispute that there can be an 'influence' from cell phones and wi fi devices and from many other RF, electromagnetic, chemical sources which can affect the 'sound', I am just interested as to WHERE unclestu (and others) think that 'influence' is having it's effect on the 'sound' i.e. on the musical orchestral score of (say) Dvorak's New World.

Would the people who describe hearing an improvement in their sound after fitting such as the ground loops describe the improvement as "resolving more of the musical information" ?

Regards,
May Belt,
Manufacturer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.