Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Maybe you didn't understand the question

I'll ask it again for clarity:

Please tell us which engineers of successful audio equipment you know (or specifically know their position).

TI does not make any audio equipment that I am aware of. I'm not talking about parts designers who never work on finished product. Toshiba makes mid-fi DVD players. In case you're not aware, Dunlavy is out of business. See attached link for the bad news. As for Bob Pease, I'm not aware of what successful audio equipment he has designed. Do enlighten me.

Ok, so you've got one response with Bryston. Only one? By all means, keep going.

You are almost saying that some audio engineers have a special knowledge that regular (e.g. a radar) engineers do not possess. And not only do they not possess this special knowledge, they can't comprehend it when explained.

Next time you have a loved one with heart difficulties, I can recommend a great podiatrist for them to go to. Why go to a cardiologist since both are medical doctors, right?

You're taking a small portion of audio engineers who tell you things you like to hear, and putting them on a pedastal. Sad, really. After awhile, they start talking down to people.

What I am doing is pointing out that the long term successful designers of the best sounding audio gear dismiss your simplistic view of audio.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.