Propeller Head Plaza

RE: You've supported Jon Risch's speaker cable idea I believe

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Propeller Head Plaza ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

>>I am not sure you got my meaning though, ALL of the “small things” like parallel C, series L, become the limiting factors much higher in frequency or in much longer wires. If one wants “low loss” dielectric, then looking at “ultra low loss coax” is logical.<<

I do believe I got your meaning, but didn't want to go into long discussion over many of those ideas. My focus in these postings has neglected the wiring layouts plus L and C, and was all about resistance modulation as a possible source of error with extended frequency needs assumed.

>>Note some of them have a mostly air dielectric using a spiral web insulator, others have foam TFE etc. Hard line, the next step up from cable is like two copper tubes one inside the other or one tube with a solid center. This can be made with even lower losses but is not flexible or logical in light of the speakers electrical load and frequency range.<<

This was the next logical conclusion I had, but failed to finish up with that argument. I want to thank you for doing that for me. Twisted coax for thin tubed inner conductors can work and be somewhat flexible with flexible tube conductor fill material, but there is the issue that once set up with a minimum allowable radius of bending, it will probably not be for many coil winds/unwinds. Durability will have to be figured out.

I need to stop typing as my injured typing arms are worn out now.

-Kurt

Follow Ups: