Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Call me crazy but the difference in cables Isn't that much

I just scanned the entire post and found nothing from you or any interaction between you and I anywhere here....what the fuck is your deal? Of course I don't know you! You DO NOT know me either. All I ask is that you be clear and substantiate your accusations or blanket slams toward me. I notice you just joined last year....I have been an avid audiophile for over 30 years. I have played in bands, attended some of the finest concert halls since I was 15, attend live concerts regularly and most likely have personally owned more high end gear in more environments than most of the well intentioned Prop Heads above. You are an audiophile racist.....you judge without any real understanding or experience comparable with mine. Then again, I can only speculate, do to the fact that you prefer to remain a mystery, so you can remain disconnected from the reality of an actual conversation between two intelligent individuals. Well, one anyway, who eagerly awaits illumination on the finer points of systems matching, cablenomics and why all cables sound the same. Ever wonder why two seemingly identical violins can be valued so differently? Why one is worth hundreds and the other is priceless? It's because some musicians and concert goers can appreciate exceptional tone....not everyone, but some. Going back to what my intent was on a post that somehow got linked to this one (which is uniquely geeky in itself), was that random mixes of people judging subjective and emotional gear/material being played back under experimental conditions with a check list is inherently dumb and will yield useless results. I have owned several $80K systems over the years, as well as $5K systems. I have owned, borrowed and been lent prototype cables from the who's who of the cable world as well. My experience as a musician, audiophile and avid concert goer who has OWNED more of the stuff discussed on threads like these than most, unavoidably offers me a broader basis of understanding regarding topics such as the aforementioned, for which you obliquely and unjustifiably attacked me!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.