Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: remember

in stereo reproduction the most important differentiating "component" is YOU. You are responsible for imagining the stunning reproduction of a recorded event that is created from two somewhat correlated voltaged signals that were created (most likely) from events that occured at different moments in time by the recording engineer or producer.

Some people (like me) are easy sells - my brain is wired to easily imagine a performance from somewhat mediocre equipment - though headphones won't do it for me. Other people, like my musician/wife can't do it at all! When she listens to my system she hears music reproduced - but her mind doesn't imagine it as real.

Most audiophiles are in between. Of course, some audio enthusiast could care less, they want to hear the musical details - timber, intonations... I call those folks "technical listeners" and they have a completely different approach to this hobby.
"The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat" - Confucius

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.