Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Is This Why Wires Sound Different?

That said, according to Bob Smith of Aether Audio/NuForce Inc, Bobstates he used to be a hard-nose, cables-make-no-difference type until he heard something that changed his mind.

So?

We're all human and as such are all susceptible to perceiving differences even when there may not be any actual audible differences. So I don't see where this admission necessarily lends any more credibility to his arguments.

It was this that set Bob attempting to discover what caused this difference in sound he heard and he seems to have done at least done a good bit of research which led to the article called "Sub-Debye Phase-Distortion - A New Distortion-Source Model for Conductors"

And this is yet another tactic of the quack and the charlatan. Attempting to explain something which has yet to be demonstrated.

The first thing you do is establish that cables produce actual audible differences. Then you go about trying to discover the cause.

He hasn't done this. Instead, it takes it on faith that cables produce actual audible differences.

So his article is really nothing more than masturbatory marketing literature.

Personally I'd like to see the more technically astute amongst us here at AA, ask Bob some pertinent questions.

And I'd like to see Bob actually demonstrate that cables produce actual audible differences.

Until he does that, his is just another in a long series of "theories" advanced to "explain" that which has yet been shown to exist.

se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.