Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Is This Why Wires Sound Different?

Hello Steve,

I'm sure that you are correct and this tatic is used by some quacks and charlatans out there. That said, according to Bob Smith of Aether Audio/NuForce Inc, Bobstates he used to be a hard-nose, cables-make-no-difference type until he heard something that changed his mind.

It was this that set Bob attempting to discover what caused this difference in sound he heard and he seems to have done at least done a good bit of research which led to the article called "Sub-Debye Phase-Distortion - A New Distortion-Source Model for Conductors"

Bob even provides an explanation of the "Smith Cell" technology that's part of what's inside the product he's now making to reduce the affects of speaker/speaker wires/amps interactions. At the very end of the page Bob also states:

"...The issue is complex enough such that it's not easy to simplify if you don't already have a background in electronics. Standard EM theory is plenty tough enough to begin with, let alone to start throwing in issues such as scalar waves and QM (as Bill pointed out). Could you be more specific about which part you don't understand? There are several issues involved and each is pretty deep stuff in its own right. I'll try to answer back when I can, so please be patient. I'm in "no mans's land" right now in Okachobee, FL and have to drive down the road to hijack an unsecured wifi connection just to get on the net. So... give me some time and I'll do the best I can. Depending on the schedule, I might not get back to you until I get home next week."

Personally I'd like to see the more technically astute amongst us here at AA, ask Bob some pertinent questions. I don't know what my opinion about all this is as of yet and I'll remain open-minded until those here who have a good grasp on standard EM theory, scalar waves and QM starts asking Bob difficult questions and then should they find Bob's responses are lacking, then I'll decide what I believe.

Bob Smith can be contacted via my link below to Smith Cell Technology Revealed or at this email address directly engineering@aetheraudio.com Hopefully Bob will answer here.

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

SETriodes Forum -- Central Florida Audio Society -- Fullrange Drivers
==============================================================
"The man that hath no music in himself nor is not moved with concord of
sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils."
- William Shakespeare
Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.