Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Umm, he got two out of three. You identified the one, so the answer must be the other two.

Let's see. There were three points you brought up. One point I concede based on your absurdly pedantic reading of "center channel" vs. "center fill." Thus, it must be the other two where I think Carcass was "spot on." Point of fact, here's my quote: "What's more, even if Carcass was stretching it a bit in the "center channel" issue, stretching one out of three of the points while getting the other two spot-on is hardly a "total misrepresentation." "

Do YOU remember what they are? Here's Olive's sentence: "The up-mixing gives me a center channel (missing in stereo), a much wider sweet spot (also missing), and a sense of envelopment and spaciousness that is entirely devoid in 2 channel reproduction."

Sooooo anywho: the two that Carcass got spot on are: 1) sweet spot ("ALSO MISSING," meaning there is none, which ought to give you pause about the issue I'm conceding to you (note the use and context of the word "also." Study this closely)) and 2) that good ol' sense of envelopment and spaciousness that is ENTIRELY DEVOID IN 2 CHANNEL REPRODUCTION. Meaning, It ain't there either. It is ENTIRELY DEVOID.

Carcass 2 clear points, 1 debatable point. Next?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.