Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

But I didn't atack Sean, I attacked your interpretation of what he wrote.

You are purposefully misinterpreting what is being said to deflect the focus of the criticism in this sub-thread. It is YOUR interpretation that I attack. Do you understand the difference between that and an attack on Olive's credentials? You should, but you pretend that you don't.

""He is describing a type of multi-speaker arrangement, not a specific one. (RY)"

That's still more particular than just "stereo," whether it be one or two systems. That's particular in logic as opposed to universal. Of course, he could have more than one type of upmixer and utilize a single system to listen with 7, 5, or 2 channels. In any case, 2 channel stereo as such doesn't give him what he prefers. (PatD)"

Sorry, I think you are wrong. A 2-speaker system is more particular than the options inherent in a "5- to 7-speaker system." In either situation, what we don't know is equally shared (type of speaker, frequency response, ambient room temperature, other equipment, whatever you want to ask), but what IS known is more precise in the case of a "2-speaker system" than in a "5- OR 7- speaker system." Get it? the former has 2 speakers. The latter has 5, or it may have 7, or it may even have 6. And yes, he mentions a particular up-mixer, but qualifies it with the word "like," i.e., "it's listened through 5 to 7 channels via an up-mixer like Logic 7." That isn't specific Pat: it's a generalized description using any number of up-mixers that are "like" a Logic 7. The way I, and several others, read his less-than-clear description is that he is describing the Type of system he prefers, not the Actual system itself (because of the variables presented).

"Not everyone prefers to listen to stereo in multichannel, but because Sean does is no reason to attack his qualifications and credibility as a researcher."

What are you talking about?? Aren't you the one who used to shot "Logical fallacy!" every time someone strayed into that territory? What do you do when you land there? I didn't attack his qualifications or his credibility. I think he was being very clear about why he listens to a multi-speaker version of stereo. It is you with whom I disagree. I may have different preferences than Olive, but that isn't germane.

"...because IMHO, that's basically why this thread was started."

Really? So what? You made a silly attack on Carcass' English, and I questioned both your English in turn and your strict interpretation of Sean Olive's rather confusing quote. And I'm still waiting for you to explain the difference between "no X" and "devoid of X."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.