Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Read Olive's quote again Pat: the system is not a specific one.

Thank you for your patience. Mine remains exhausted. I believe you are pursuing a Sisyphean task. I finally read the HA thread this morning and it doesn't change my opinion. If I learned anything new, it was the possibility that there is a correlation between narrow taste in audio and narrow taste in wine. (It will probably take at least a night's sleep to contemplate the ramifications of this observation.)

I don't normally read HA, because almost always when the discussion turns interesting up some a**hole busts someone for a "TOS 8 violation". All in the spirit of "science" no doubt. As I understand it, HA was originally created to debate CODECS. Perhaps at one time this was a relevant topic, but with progress in computer technology this has been rendered obsolete. Why anyone who cares about sound quality would find a need for minute savings in bit rate is utterly beyond me. If there is a significant savings (as with satellite radio) then the result is atrocious, and if there is a small difference in quality (e.g. 320 Kbps MP3) the cost savings are minuscule. I have no clue why HA continues to exist.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.