Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

OK... how about a test in linked HA thread - is that also advancing "science"?

The one where bass-reflex Infinity speaker is compared to dipole electrostatic/bass reflex hybrid Martin Logan, both being SINGULAR speakers tested in MONO? Take note - they are tested not for FR or any other irregularities, but for what sounds better subjectively, for listener's preferences in other words.

What do you think about Olive's arguments vs. AJinFLA arguments? BTW, normally AJinFLA is the last person I, and just about everyone else here, would agree with on anything.

Also, what do you think about supposed deficiencies of stereo reproduction, quoted in my original post? Is your system, for instance, affected by any of these? If it's not, and supposed issues are actually non-issues in your opinion - would you call the person who made those arguments QUALIFIED to talk on the subject of high-quality sound reproduction?

Please don't stray into listing Olive's credentials or body of work, relevant or not - just a simple question, based on that, or many other like it, quotes from him.

Edits: 06/28/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.