Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Precisely

That is a different situation and not what Meyer and Moran tested.

Comparing the original feed is the real world, not some contrived attempt at duplicating the real world.

Stan Ricker said: "The signal from the digital sounds exactly the same as what we heard coming from those transformerless Schoeps microphones." Of course, the Soundstream sampled at 48 kHz, not 44.1 kHz.

Obviously, his opinion changed when he had access to higher resolution:

Here with Meitner

"I have to admit that...

"...the tape which was, I believe, 96 K, 20-bit from a Nagra certainly sounds better than the CD that came from that recording."

I have also heard a direct feed from the original Soundstream recorder when I participated in the ASO recording of the Firebird.

The fact is that the SACD and DVD signals were passed through a 44.1 kHz DAC and were not distinguished by the audiophiles taking the tests run by Meyer and Moran

Yep, that is what happens when you assume a $250 player is audibly perfect.

According to E. Brad Meyer, "no one can tell when an ABX box is in the circuit."

Fine. Provide the details of the control tests he ran in order to verify that assumption. I've never seen that done before.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.