Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I will definitely agree

Nope, you get the results the test gives...

Most folks don't appreciate that fact. Certainly not the two individuals I cited. Nor dialtones like RBNG.

Those electrical properties causing the change can be measured like in all other areas of electronics by examining the cable open circuit and closed at the far end with a network analyzer.

I'm not saying controls cannot be conducted. In practice, however, they simple aren't. Period. Not by anyone. Why would you need to test a researcher's arrogant assumption? You continue to dodge the issue that the *test* you gave as evidence is likewise control free.

Can that be said for the promoters of the other side of the argument?

When it is a cable manufacturer or dealer, no. When it is another speaker designer, amplifier designer, recording engineer, or audio reviewer for which there is no inherent predisposition, then the answer is yes. Why would Carl Marchisotto, Luke Manley, Jud Barber, Roger West, et. al. or any other non-cable manufacturer use something other than *perfect* zip cord?

I agree that with virtually all components, the level of improvement at the high end follows rapidly diminishing returns. I've never been "blown away" by cables. The added level of realism the better ones afford has put a smile on my face on many an occasion though. :)

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.