Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"As I recall, the total capacitance was equal to about 4 inches of the least capacitive cable "

I wasn't referring to the box by itself. That is one of the fallacies of testing. Unsupported assumptions become part of the test. I was referring to measuring a cable by itself and at the other end of the box with the other cables connected. Perfect, crosstalk free switches? No control was done on the systematic changes introduced by the testing arrangement.

It is no straw man...

to introduce bogus topics like magic rocks to somehow bolster an unsubstantiated process? Sorry, I disagree.

...how would this not be a potential when comparing power cords with knowledge?

There is potential with that along with poor, assumption based testing methodologies. Roger Russell assumes that there is nothing more important to the sound quality of a speaker wire working in a system than merely a five percent variation in impedance. Brad Meyer assumes that his ADC/DAC Redbook bypass SACD test is all that is important for detecting the capabilities of high resolution digital recordings. They don't know what they don't know - yet preach the outcome as gospel. Is that what you support?

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.