Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Power cord realities and illusions

We demand a detachable power cord on our components. Why should a component designer try to isolate his system from external noise when the audiophile is so willing to do it for him? I mean let's get real some of us actually believe susceptability to external noise signifies a high resolution system and upgrading power cords is a requirement to get the best sound.

This is mostly a design decision, the manufacturer can slap the receptical and the back and save money on isolating the power supply. He can sell the gear for higher profits and reap the benefits of buyers believing his gear is so resolving it deserves the added expenditure.

I might concede that such an option should be available but I can't for the life of me think such an option, ie. an upgraded power cord, should make a difference in most situations.

But of course it does and hey why should we dis the component makers for maximizing their profits at our expensve especially when we believe the stuff we are buying needs the upgrades because it is so good.

Its a joke and an embarrassment that audiophiles have been led to believe such garbage. Unfortunately it's real and not an illusion. I just wish audiophiles had a better handle on this issue than the more resolving means more noise crap some of you have been spewing around here for years.

Get a clue!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Power cord realities and illusions - Don Till 20:00:21 06/17/10 (166)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.