Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

My suggestion to you

is the same as for Pat D - consult the dictionary to understand the meaning of the word. While its true that in recent times computer based applications have used the term as a metric, such is not truly the case in the real world. Would you rather look at a 10 megapixel image through a Coke bottle lens or a 6 megapixel image through a Zeiss or Leitz lens? Would you rather hear a 24 bit DVD-A audio signal through a Toshiba SD4900 or a 16 bit CD through an EMM Labs XD-S1?

What I really like about Tony's experience is that it goes beyond audio and provides (to me) very clear examples of what he is describing. Have you experienced power oversteer? There is no metric to quantify that experience.

Personally I've never known any engineering or technical diminsion to directly and singularly relate to "resolution" as far as audio system are concerned.

Others certainly have. Take, for example a Sony music producer:

"I have come to rely on the Meitner converters for all of my high resolution projects. Meitner electronics have consistently been the most musically accurate and robust components in my experience and are truly state-of-the-art."

Stephen Epstein
Senior Executive Producer, Sony Classical
Twelve time Grammy Award Winner
(YoYo Ma, Wynton Marsalis, Chick Corea,
Placido Domingo and others)

Perhaps you have learned something.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.